Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:52:40 -0600
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VAIO Z505/BP

CHOI Junho wrote:
[snip]
>  - PC-card doesn't work when I set 'PnP OS: NO'. It hangs.
>    So I can't use Sound and PC-card(I tested it with Kingmax
>    Network card) both. I don't know why.

Have you assigned a managament irq for the PC-card or are you
running in polling mode (the default). My Sony (and every one
I have seen discussed on this list) requires a management irq.

device      pcic0   at isa? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
is what I have in my config. It would be "irq 0" for polling mode.

> So, I have a question:
[snip]
>  - Internal Modem works? It seems to be Winmodem...

Yup, it is a winmodem, AFAIK.

-stacy

--
Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character.
    - Calvin

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited