Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 11:01:14 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
Cc:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: an interesting problem with pkg_add

> I had this happen to me back in the days of 2.1.5, only it was just my
> home directory that got eaten.
>
> JKH assured me that the bug was fixed in 2.1.6.  :-(

There were two bugs in the cleanup code.  One removed everything in
the current directory on ^C if you whapped it at just the right time
and I fixed it right after 2.1.5 came out.  The other bug removed
everything the current directory on ^C if you whapped it at just the
right time and I fixed it right after 2.2.5 came out. :-) [yes, exact
same symptoms, different bugs].

I know these bugs were extremely pathological and if I hadn't already
done my best to chase down and fix them, I'd feel a lot worse than I
do right now about it.  Having fixed it (knock on wood), all I can say
at this stage is "man, I'm sorry Ron!  I hope you had backups and I
only wish you'd hit ^C *after* the package tools had been upgraded to
2.2-stable!"  :-)

- Jordan