Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:09:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Robert Ricci <rricci@theonlynet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Funky DNS

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Robert Ricci wrote:
> Where should I be looking to find a solution for this? By the way, we're
> running 4.9.4 (I'd appreciate any thoughts on how easy it is to upgrade
> to 8). Since this odd behavior started, the following line's been
> showing up in /var/log/messages every time I start named:
> Mar 20 08:52:58 ns3 named[7825]: Return from getdtablesize() >
> FD_SETSIZE
> , but it still comes up and agrees to answer queries.

Upgrading is easy.  The supplied script to convert named.boot
to named.conf works just fine.

If you have scripts that update named.boot you will need to
change them to use the new file and format.

Zone files aren't changed.

BIND 8 lets you specify which IP address(es) to listen on and will
fix the error message and quite possibly the problem.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com