Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 2021 11:11:44 +0200
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "pkg@freebsd.org" <pkg@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: I run poudriere - what do I need to do once ports switch over to git?

> Am 09.02.2021 um 19:35 schrieb Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>:
>=20
> On 09/02/2021 15:41, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> Hi,
>> subject says it all, basically.
>> Do I have to re-checkout the ports-trees?
>> What about going to FreeBSD 13, which supposedly(?) has =
base-packages?
>=20
> Essentially, yes.  You will need to create a new ports tree which =
pulls from the FreeBSD git and tweak your poudriere setup to use that =
instead of your original SVN-based setup. eg.
>=20
>   poudriere ports -c -p ports-git -m git -B main
>=20
> (Or delete your original ports tree and re-create it from git using =
the same name for simplicity.)
>=20
> Alternatively you can clone the ports from git separately and then =
tell poudriere to null-mount it into the build jails.  That means you =
can eg. use worktrees to check out different branches from a single copy =
of the repo, and map those onto poudriere.  Effectively it allows you to =
have full control over your local git repo rather than letting poudriere =
do its usual thing.
>=20
> FreeBSD-13 does have base system packages available -- I /think/ there =
has been some work on building them via poudriere, but I don't know what =
the status of that is.  You can pretty easily just checkout /usr/src and =
then run `make buildworld buildkernel packages` which will create a =
repository under /usr/obj -- either use that as a 'file' based repo, or =
point nginx at it.  Probably best to play with base system packages on a =
throw-away VM before trying to use it on anything important: until =
you've got it properly fettled, there's a risk of stomping all over =
important files like /etc/passwd
>=20
> 	Cheers,
>=20
> 	Matthew
>=20
>=20

Hi,

this does not work:

root@bsd1-build-prod:~ # poudriere ports -cvv -B branches/2021Q2 -m git =
-p 2021Q2
=3D>> Debug: Reading /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf
[00:00:01] Creating 2021Q2 fs at /usr/local/poudriere/ports/2021Q2... =
done
[00:00:01] Cloning the ports tree...Cloning into =
'/usr/local/poudriere/ports/2021Q2'...
warning: Could not find remote branch branches/2021Q2 to clone.
fatal: Remote branch branches/2021Q2 not found in upstream origin
[00:00:01] Error:  fail
[00:00:01] Error while creating ports tree, cleaning up.
root@bsd1-build-prod:~ # pkg info poudriere
poudriere-3.3.6
Name           : poudriere
Version        : 3.3.6
Installed on   : Tue Jan  5 09:33:28 2021 CET
Origin         : ports-mgmt/poudriere
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : ports-mgmt
Licenses       : BSD2CLAUSE
Maintainer     : bdrewery@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki
Comment        : Port build and test system
Options        :
        BASH           : on
        CERTS          : on
        DIALOG4PORTS   : on
        EXAMPLES       : on
        QEMU           : off
        ZSH            : on
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1202000
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : EveryWare
Flat size      : 2.23MiB
Description    :
poudriere is a tool primarily designed to test package production on
FreeBSD. However, most people will find it useful to bulk build ports
for FreeBSD.

WWW: https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki

Rainer=