Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:27:08 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (sigh) i guess i have to move from FB to linux for now

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Joe Park wrote:
> >On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Joe Park wrote:
>  >> Hello,
>  >>
>  >> I've been trying to have any sound from sound blaster !live value on my
>  >> FreeBSD 3.4 stable box without any success. I know that there isn't any
>  >> full support for sound blaster !live yet but isn't it possible to have
> some
>  >> basic sound working with this? I just want to listen to my MP3 songs
>  >> without switching to Window.... I just tried on RedHat 6.1 and realized
>  >> that the sound driver from creative lab supports linux kernel on RedHat
> 6.0
>  >> but not 6.1. I want to try one more time on FreeBSD before reinstalling it
>  >> to RedHat 6.0. I would like to use FreeBSD if sound work.
>  >>
>  >> Thank you for your help
>  >>
>  >>Joe
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
>  >> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
>  >I have a SoundBlaster Live! Value and there is NO support for it under
>  >FreeBSD as of yet. I tried the OSS drivers, but they don't really do
>  >anything other than detect the card.
>  >My solution: I bought a SB16 Vibra for $25, and I'm waiting for OSS or
>  >FreeBSD to support the SBLive!.
>  >Chris Johnson
>  >cjohnson@wcug.wwu.edu

I'm just living without sound right now until either 1) SBLive!
starts working under FreeBSD, or 2) I do what the guy above me here
did. Giving up sound for me is less of a sacrifice than going to
Linux.

 --  Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.