Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:05:47 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade release with build world: HDD space, CVSUP and Speed

Hi!

I have three questions:

1. If I have all sources for RELENG_4_5, and then want to upgrade to
   RELENG_4_6 (when it is released), should I remove all RELENG_4_5
   source files first and then do a CVSUP? Or is it ok to have the
   "old" RELENG_4_5 files in the source tree when CVSUPing?

2. If I make a build world, how much extra HDD space are needed for
   everything to build, not including the sources?

3. With a 486 DX2 66MHz, 40 MB RAM, 4200 rpm and 5400 rpm HDD's, will
   the build be finished before RELENG_4_7 is released? :-) That is,
   how long does it take to build world on this machine? Can someone
   provide an estimate, or maybe someone really have build the world
   on a 486, as stated above?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Paul