Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:49:26 -0800
From:      "Garrett Cooper" <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Current" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X becomes unresponsive with nvidia / xscreensaver and desktop panics

Hello folks,
	As many probably know, I recently installed FreeBSD 8-CURRENT on my desktop.
	One of the things I'm noting is that when I use dual displays with
the nvidia driver, and xscreensaver kicks in and keeps going for a
period of time, the machine's X.org console eats up a core, and when I
try and do anything like gdb Xorg, the system hangs, attempts to panic
(I assume that's the case because I hear it beep and attempt to
restart), then I have to give it a warm boot. truss(1)'ing Xorg showed
that there were a lot of SIGALARM's being fired and masked.
        This is incredibly reminiscent of the days when I used to run Linux and
	I forgot to configure my dump device (doh), but this problem appears
to be easily reproducible with my environment. I'm fixing that issue
right now, so I should have a working crashdump soon...
	Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue, or if it's just me
once again.
Thanks,
-Garrett