Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 01:06:01 +0100
From:      Christopher Raven <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk>
To:        Koen Gooris <koen_gooris@unicall.be>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CDROM I/O ERROR

Hi,

I entered the CMOS on my machine and told it to use the CDROM to boot. The 2.2.6 CD ran
OK and I just chose the CDROM as installation media - everythig went ok. However, I did
get a few IO errors where the disk was unreachable and the actual error messages messed up
my screen (made it unreadable). I found that simply acknowledging the error with the return key
got the CDROM spinning again (I guess it was just timing out, like it does a bit now) and the
install carried on where it had left off.

- have you tried just acknowledging it?

Chris R.