Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:39:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark <maxiter@inetu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dual port xl and fxp NICs?

We have some FreeBSD 3.3 servers which we'd like to have dual NICs in.
Normally, this isn't a problem, but the servers we have seem to hand upon
network initialization when we put a pair of 3C905B or Cs in them.  This,
however, isn't the question at hand.

I noticed that Intel makess a Pro/100+ NIC which is dual ported (ie, two
ethernet ports).  Now I see that the Pro/100+ NIC is supported via the fxp
driver.  Will this specific Pro/100+ NIC work?  Will it show up as fxp0
and fxp1?

Thanks.

Mark Rekai - INetU, Inc.(tm) - http://www.INetU.net
Electronic commerce - Web development - Web hosting
       Mark@INetU.net - Phone: (610) 266-7441