Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:51:50 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "TDS" <ASK@ME.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do i download

On 30 Aug 98, at 22:15, TDS wrote:

> i cant find how to download via ftp freebsd. i know the problem is i need
> to connect to my isp first in freebsd first but can not find out how.

This is a catch-22 sitution.  I was lucky enough to be given 2.2.5 disks.
However, I do believe that creating a boot floppy will give you everything
you need.

I assume you have web access.  Have you been to the FreeBSD handbook?

You don't need to have FreeBSD installed in order to download FreeBSD from
the FTP site.

Start at http://www.au.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/handbook/handbook7.html and I
think you'll find that Step 3 is where you get the boot floppy image.

--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited