Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:02:22 +0200
From:      Volker Paepcke <scratchy@VULCAN.franken.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   VM crashes with signal 8 (Pre-alpha pachset 6)

Hi!

I've some time now and want to help testing the JDK1.2.2 under
FreeBSD 4.0 (Stable from mid march). After applying patchset-6
the sources compiled without any problems (no DPS). But after starting
AWT/Swing demos (SwingSet, Java2Demo, AWT-Demo-Applets) the VM
crashes with signal 8 (and 6) after a short popup of a window.

Is this problem related to 4.0? I'm running a SMP kernel now
and will try an UP kernel later...

If I get this working I will test these:
- Together-3.2
- Forte-1.0
- various self-written apps using JDBC, RMI, Corba, JAI, Java2D etc.

These are running fine under Blackdown's RC4 except Forte which is so
slow that I need to reboot into Linux if I need it :-(

bye,
Volker