Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:12:47 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        horst leitenmueller <horst.leitenmueller@liwest.at>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Basic Question on Staging

Hi!

> ===>   NOTICE:
>
> This port is deprecated; you may wish to reconsider installing it:
>
> Not staged. See http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-announce/2014-May/000080.html.
>
> It is scheduled to be removed on or after 2014-08-31.
>
> which is written on installation a problem when NO_STAGE=yes is
> set in /etc/make.conf?

I do not understand the question. Why would one put NO_STAGE=yes
to /etc/make.conf ? What problem would this solve ?

> causes this the Notice?

I think so, yes.

> why i have this set? is easy because inside jails (setup with
> this guide
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-application.html)
> staging is not working at all

> also discussed here:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-October/086895.html

This was approx. 9 month ago. I guess this already changed in the
meantime, have you tested it again on a recent system ?

> i reread now 5 times https://wiki.freebsd.org/ports/StageDir and
> find no problem with the ports itself?

Depends on the port. Which port are we talking about ?

> if yes would be cool to remove this message, and add a warning
> on start of port upgrade that the NO_STAGE is set

If you tested that it works, submit a PR and the NO_STAGE
setting can be removed from the Makefile ?

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !