Date:      Sun, 05 Jul 2009 16:20:51 +0100
From:      Bruce Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        Martin Wilke <miwi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 6

Hi,

I just tested VirtualBox from ports and it looks excellent. Running on
7-STABLE, amd64, Athlon64 4000+.

I was able to run the OpenSolarisApp VMDK image without any problems
from this guy's page:

http://blogs.sun.com/jkshah/entry/minimal_opensolaris_image_for_virtualbox

I also came across this, but haven't tried any of the images here:
    http://virtualboximages.com/

I had a few issues with NanoBSD, though:-
    * I had previously built an image for USB boot, and it appears this
isn't supported by the Open Source Edition; neither is booting from a
SCSI device, or so it appears.
    * If I try to use either of the SCSI controllers from the OSE GUI, I
get an error that the driver can't be loaded in the VBox logs.
    * The "VBoxManage convertraw" command seems to be needed to convert
NanoBSD images into VDI which VBox can understand.
    * I'll try to find time to rebuild an 8-CURRENT image for
ATA/CompactFlash; I'd be very interested in headless support.
    * Has anyone gotten serial to work?

Once again, thank you very much, for all of your hard work on this.

cheers,
BMS