Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:34:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Randy Philipp <randy@umbc.edu>
To:        <support@cyclades.com>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with Cyclades YeP drivers for FreeBSD 4.5

I am having some problems with the Cyclades FreeBSD drivers.  After
compiling the kernel with the Cyclades drivers, the machine hangs during
bootup, after the dmesg messages about the serial and parllel ports.  The
card appears to be detected, but the machine fails to boot completely.

Is this a know issue, I have seen mentions of this problem on the FreeBSD
Stable list back to May of 2001.  The FreeBSD drivers on your web site are
for FreeBSD 3.0 which is quite old, which leads me to the next question,
are you dropping support for FreeBSD?

I know this may be an isolated problem, but I have run into a number of
people who have had a similar problems getting your card to work with
FreeBSD.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you
for your time and consideration.

Randy Philipp