Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:11:17 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Marko Kobal <marko.kobal@arctur.si>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI 1064E poor performance

Marko Kobal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Scott Long pravi:
>> I'll say it one more time.  Go into the BIOS for the _controller_ and
>> turn on the cache.
>
> This thread is not originaly mine, but I do have similar problems. Which
> cache are you talking about - write cache? What if the controller does
> not have an battery backup unit - in this case I really do not want to
> turn on the write cache as I don't want to lose any data on power
> failure (yes, I have UPS, but it is not enough). Cache must not be tho
> only reason for the 6.3 and 7.0 being slower than 6.2?

In the case of MPT, no, there's nothing to turn on or off in the BIOS.
As I said in my previous email, it's a driver problem that I'm trying to
understand and solve.  However, it might actually be a symptom of a
hardware problem on your end that wasn't being detected with 6.2 but is
with 6.3 and 7.0.  Please check your hardware and try swapping cables
and such, and I'll keep you updated on what I find on my end.

Scott