Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:24:40 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Charles Howse" <chowse@charter.net>, "'ODHIAMBO Washington'" <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scripting the buildworld/installworld process

On Monday 01 September 2003 11:13 am, Charles Howse wrote:
> Well, here are my current versions of the update scripts.
> I hope they are complicated enough for everyone. <grin>
>
> Contrary to Kent's suggestion, I'm only logging the last 10 lines of
> the important commands.  I defer to his experience and knowledge, but
> I can't see the value in logging 7500 lines of code that executed
> correctly.  Let's just get the last 10 lines, since that's where any
> errors will be.
>
> Comments, suggestions, flames?

I don't think 10 is enough. Wash has a buildworld problem on current
and, on his listing, you would only make it about half way through the
error 1 messages and may miss the one that means something.

I log for a different reason. If you had one die and I didn't, I want to
be able to show you that I made it past where yours errored off.

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA