Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:25:00 +0100
From:      xorquewasp@googlemail.com
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntpd jail problem

On 20080608 12:19:23, Steven Hartland wrote:
> I assume as it would effect the entire machine and hence should be run
> on the base machine instead, not the jail?

I think you might've misunderstood.

The ntpd I'm running on the host syncs the clock (and therefore the whole
machine), the ntpd in the jail just publishes the time for the network
(doesn't affect the clock).

The problem is that the ntpd in the jail seems to believe that the host
clock is out of sync (from what I can gather), even though it isn't.