Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:55:07 -0600
From:      mdickerson@officeonweb.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modem problems

hi diddly ho there,

OK, I'm sorry. I posted a bit ago and didn't realize I had better be on the
mailing list to get a response (life is an intelligence test).

I am running 3.4 stable and it is not recognizing my modem. It is
recognizing my com ports (as shown by dmesg). I have tried a couple
different modems (one of which HAS been recognized by a different 3.4 box).
I made an attempt to reconfigure my kernel (advice found in installation
troubleshooting) but it was not successful - though I'm not certain I did
everthing correctly (I found the instructions somewhat vague) - the kernel
rebuild was successful, just not the modem recognition. I have had trouble
finding any documentation on this one. Is there somewhere y'all know where
I might find the answers.

Are these 'questions' archived somewhere I might look (and cut down the
postings to this list - holy smoke!!).

help (please),

Mike Dickerson
mdickerson@officeonweb.net