Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:11:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Quincey Koziol <koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Telnet w/kerberos ticket forwarding

Howdy all,
    Ok, I'm getting pretty frustrated with getting kerberos5 to work on
a new machine I've built.  I'm using the kerberos IV/5 that ship with the
system and I've rebuilt world+kernel with WANT_KERBEROS4 and WANT_KERBEROS5
defined in my /etc/make.conf.  I've been able to use k5init and k5list and
they are working fine.  However, I don't know how to re-compile telnet so that
it forwards my kerberos5 tickets to the host I am attempting to connect to.
I see from the source in /usr/src/usr.bin/telnet that I would need to define
AUTHENTICATION, KRB5 and FORWARD, but I'm not certain where those should be
defined.  I also note that there are source directories for telnet applications
in /usr/src/crypto/telnet and /usr/src/crypto/heimdal/appl/telnet, which are
muddings the waters...  Which is the directory containing the telnet installed
during installworld?  How do I enable the kerberos5 ticket forwarding?

    Thanks for any help,
        Quincey Koziol
        koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu