Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:17:17 -0600
From:      eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Drowning in a KDE4 - xorg - nvidia glass of water after updating all over the weekend. w/links sorry attachments didn't get through

Quoting Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>:

> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, eculp wrote:
>
>> http://encontacto.net/bsd/Xorg.0.log
>
> That log file contains a log from trying the nv driver (didn't like =20
> that board) and the VESA driver, but not one with the nvidia driver.
>
> The TWM log doesn't tell much, but this is revealing:
>
> (EE) Feb 08 12:30:59 NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; =20
> please check in your X
> (EE) Feb 08 12:30:59 NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has =20
> been loaded in your X
> (EE) Feb 08 12:30:59 NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is =20
> the NVIDIA GLX module.
>
> There may be some missing requirements for the nvidia driver.  Try =20
> running it again, then grab Xorg.0.log.

Thanks, Warren.  With the configuration file you sent I get

http://encontacto.net/bsd/Xorg.0.config.Warren

Without a config file en X11 I see something different with fbdevhw.

http://encontacto.net/bsd/Xorg.0.sin.xorg.config

I think I need to get this in perspective.  I'm doing something very wrong.

Thanks again for your help,

ed