Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 2009 18:05:32 +0100
From:      Stevan Tiefert <stevan-tiefert@kabelmail.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gksu not working

Hello list,

I want to execute some applications as root and I wanted to use gksu or
gksudo for doing it. When I executed 'gksu gedit' the dialog for
entering the password is coming up and after entering the password
nothing happens. In a gnome-terminal gksu has to be Ctrl+C'ed to return
back to prompt, because there was no respond. The man page of gksu is
very old (2003). On the official-website of gksu a message notifies that
gksu is replaced by PolicyKit. Is gksu working at all or is there
another tool to do this task under gnome?

With regards
Stevan Tiefert