Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2002 18:20:20 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ~12hrs on a 4.7-RELEASE kernel and *POW*!

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

MGF> > I'm running 4.7-PRERELEASE
MGF> > uptime 33 days
MGF>
MGF> No doubt, but do you have 4gig on your machine?  Dual Processors?  and
MGF> over 1500 processes running using ~96 IPs aliased to it?  And that is when
MGF> she's pretty much idle :)

Oh, dear Scrappy, we all know you'd love to shake the system well before use
[tm] ;-P

Ontopic: I would be *very* glad to hear from you something like "After ***, my
servers finally work smoothly even under *my* load" ;-)

By the way, do you use PostgreSQL at your jail servers? And, what's your
opinion on this, as I currently think of deploy such (but, of course, much less
stressed) system at our site...

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]