Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:05:08 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   world builds but doesn't install

Hello

After Greg fixed vinum, I went ahead and tried to build latest
current. All is well but the world doesn't install:

make -DCLOBBER -DNOGAMES installworld

Skipping directory `ufs/ufs'
vm/default_pager.h -> vm/default_pager.ph
vm/pmap.h -> vm/pmap.ph
vm/swap_pager.h -> vm/swap_pager.ph
vm/vm.h -> vm/vm.ph
vm/vm_extern.h -> vm/vm_extern.ph
vm/vm_inherit.h -> vm/vm_inherit.ph
vm/vm_kern.h -> vm/vm_kern.ph
vm/vm_map.h -> vm/vm_map.ph
vm/vm_object.h -> vm/vm_object.ph
vm/vm_page.h -> vm/vm_page.ph
vm/vm_pageout.h -> vm/vm_pageout.ph
vm/vm_pager.h -> vm/vm_pager.ph
vm/vm_param.h -> vm/vm_param.ph
vm/vm_prot.h -> vm/vm_prot.ph
vm/vm_zone.h -> vm/vm_zone.ph
vm/vnode_pager.h -> vm/vnode_pager.ph
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.
*** Error code 1
Stop.

Whats more interesting, the July 19 sources which built and
installed fine before now doesn't install anymore. Exactly same
message. I've downloaded the fresh sources just to be sure I
haven't screwed something. No difference. I don't understand
for what the .ph suffix stands for and what the install
procedure does in this phase, it seems doing some perl stuff.
What's happening?
--

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee