Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:06:16 -0600
From:      John Baxter <jlb@xsequor.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New to Linux... just found FreeBSD

I am fairly new to Linux, about 6 months or so.  I have seen references
to FreeBSD but I had not really taken time to look into it.  Can I use
Linux code and recompile it on FreeBSD and it work?
Is the code base as large as Linux?  Sorry to keep refering to Linux, it
is how I got started with "Open Source" and I know very little other
than it. Is there a FreeBSD vs. Linux document on the internet, or
something to help me learn by compairing what I know about Linux to the
unknown of FreeBSD?  Something to point out the strengths and weaknesses
of each.

Thanks,
John Baxter