Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:22:19 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Subjctive views of the world (was: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit")

On Thursday, 18 November 1999 at 14:13:25 -0800, David Schwartz wrote:

>>> 	Then why is it that not one single clear example of this
>> has ever been
>>> found? This must be some extreme usage of the word "possible".
>>
>> A good question.  We've found them.  When you say (paraphrased) "why
>> has no example been found?", I have to assume you mean "why have I not
>> seen one?".
>>
>> I can't answer that question.
>
> 	Seeing as I'm the only person in this thread who has cited even a single
> reference to back up his claims, this amounts to little more than whining.

No, it's a disparate view of the world.  I have seen plenty of
references to back up claims, but none of them came from you.

I once did a lot of thinking about people like you.  You're not
certifiably crazy, and I'm the first to stand up for letting everybody
have their own opinion.  On the other hand, your view of the world
differs so totally from that of everybody else I know that I do think
there's something wrong with you.  But there's a simple way of testing
this: if we had a vote, what proportion would agree that no example of
a monopoly has been presented, and what proportion would not?  Come up
with something approximating the correct answer and there's still
hope.

Greg