Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 00:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying to learn more need advice...

The Complete FreeBSD by Greg Lehey is what you're after.

If you can't find it at your local bookstore, you can order it online
from http://www.freebsd.org/ or from http://www.freebsdmall.com/

Good luck.

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Jorge Biquez wrote:

:Hello all.
:
:I'm sorry if this sounds too stupid. :)
:
:I'm newbie to FreeBSD and have been learning from all your comments and
:also on the manual and the website. As ISP my only machine running Freebsd
:is the fast (even when they do not accept it) even compared with soem
:double processor ones runnit NT and the "Powerful" Macs...anyway, new to
:Unix and Freebsd I have solved the hard way my problems.
:I Just was wondering if you know a books that explains the philosophy of
:FreeBsd. I mean, how it works, the process of booting, what files check
:first, how to handle the paths, how handles security, files, configuration
:files, priority on runnning task,etc.
:Maybe for all of you could sound very stupid but for people like me that
:are new to this and want to learn even the basic task became a pain (Today
:I learn how to delete a subdirectory with all the files). I was thinking if
:there is a book or resource on the web (beside the Freebsd site) that
:explains the basic, very basic, things about this great OS, something that
:show you the basic commands to survive.
:
:Thanks a lot for all your comments.
:
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
:
: