Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org, "Alton, Matthew" <Matthew.Alton@anheuser-busch.com>, "'Nik Clayton'" <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, "'Matthew Dillon'" <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DOC volunteer WAS:RE: userfs help needed.

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 03:00:49PM -0400, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> > Judging by your description, why don't we use LyX? :) LaTeX sounds about
> > right.
>
> Argh -- contextual sense of humour failure.  Smiley not withstanding, I
> can't decide if the above question was asked in all seriousness or not.

LyX can generate good LaTeX code, actually...

But in all seriousness, I'd really LOVE to use LaTeX instead of .roff and
and all the mdoc macros. I like LaTeX as a format much better than any
of the alternatives. That and SGML...

> --
>  [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
>  non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
>  the links.
>     -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@FreeBSD.org                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/