Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:16:56 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Honoring NOPORTDOCS with GNU_CONFIGURE?

--tMbDGjvJuJijemkf

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 09:40:42AM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> Is there a standard way to write ports which use GNU_CONFIGURE to follow=
=20
> NOPORTDOCS?  Ideally it'd be something as simple as setting --docdir=3DNU=
LL or=20
> similar, and even more ideally by having bsd.port.mk taking care of that.=
 :-)

Not really.  What I usually do is have a post-patch: target that
does a REINPLACE_CMD on all the Makefile.in's found in the port's
directpry and just removes the "install-doc" target; something like:

=2Eifdef(NOPORTDOCS)
	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -E -e 's/ install-docDATA/ /; s/^(SUBDIRS.+)doc/\1/' \
		${WRKSRC}/Makefile.in
	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -E -e 's/([^n])install-examplesDATA/\1/' \
		${WRKSRC}/tools/Makefile.in
=2Eendif

This is taken from the security/stunnel port; you may need to fit it
for your specific port's needs, or, if there are many Makefile.in files,
use ${FIND} | ${XARGS} to process them all at once.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?

--tMbDGjvJuJijemkf

--tMbDGjvJuJijemkf--