Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:58:46 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: once last try

On 2002-12-23 09:05, Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com> wrote:
> # bsdsys@yahoo.com / 2002-12-23 03:23:36 -0800:
> > OK. I have tried unsuscribing to this mailing list and
> > re-subscribing to it and then sending e-mails to it to test but
> > my e-mails never make it. I know this e-mail will make it to the
> > list but this account is not the one im having problems with. I'm
> > having problems with my POP account. If someone could help me
> > figure out what the problem is i would appreciate it.
>
> I have the same problem as you. I am no longer able to send
> questions in via my regular POP account. It suddenly stopped working
> a few months back as far as I can tell. Once I unsubscribed from the
> list I could THEN post a question.
>
> I use RoadRunner cable modem but use my work email address as the
> return email address.  Roman, are you saying that's why I cannot
> post to the list?

Are you getting some sort of error back when you post to the list?
If yes, then please post the *exact* error message as it usually
contains hints about the cause of the rejection.

> Now I have to jump through flaming hoops of fire so I can both
> subscribe to the list and post to it.

Or just trying to post with a setup that is broken in some manner.

> Guess I'm not buying into this theory...

If you post more details about the specific error that causes your
messages to be rejected, I'm sure the helpful folks on the list will
be eager to help you set things up.

- Giorgos