Date:      Fri, 7 May 2021 13:48:17 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FYI: Testing for RPi4B (and other BCM2711 device) SoC revisions

Looks like EDK2 is getting work on dealing with the updated
BCM2711 vintages that do not require as many workarounds or
imposed limitations.

=
https://github.com/jlinton/edk2-platforms/commit/769d36d6d400b1dac2ec5e8a7=
b3eebd0a4751b8b

has AML code based on the following sort of logic

#define ID_CHIPREV                 0xfc404000
. . .

     OperationRegion (CHPR, SystemMemory, ID_CHIPREV, 0x4)
          Field (CHPR, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve) {
            SOCI, 32
        }

        if ((SOCI & 0xFF) >=3D 0x20)
. . .
        else
. . .

(Not bothering with which file contains which text here.)
This (and the not shown code) is described with:

QUOTE
The newer BCM2711 SoC's don't have a DMA constraint on the emmc2
controller. So we don't need to do the 1M translation. Lets
allow the AML to detect the SoC revision and return a different
_DMA resource.
END QUOTE

My guess is that the above presumes that the context
has already been established to be a BCM2711 one.

Note: I'm not AML literate. So I'm guessing
interpretations for the code shown.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com