Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:44:01 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath0: ath_chan_set: unable to reset channel 5 (2432 Mhz, flags 0x3e0 hal flags 0x140)

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 12:52, Sam Leffler wrote:

> No.  releng5 has an older hal that does not even support regdomain 18.
> Backporting work to releng5 would be a massive effort for very little
> gain; anyone that truly wants wireless support should be running 6.x or
> later.

ok and agree but 5 is not that bad if you do not need all the encryption st=
uff=20
and probably better than 6.0 (not releng_6), I am talking hostap here.
releng_6 has some working improvements now which are in big parts your work=
 I=20
guess
since I found that rate_onoe makes ath hostap stable I have now some boxes =
out=20
and they are almost 10 days under load and running
best switch for me actually is -apbridge
unfortunatly if_bridge still does not convince in practice but bridge is fi=
ne=20
now
anyway I think it's great work so far

thank's