Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 11:50:16 -0700
From:      Ben Black <black@layer8.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PC164SX conversion to SRM?

I got no response when asking this before, so I'll add in a bit more data
and see if anyone can help out.

Having failed completely to update the firmware through the AlphaBIOS GUI,
I switched to the fail-safe boot.  The output is as follows:

*** keyboard not plugged in...
ff.fe.fd.fc.fb.fa.f9.f8.f7.f6.f5.f3.f2.f1.f0.
ef.ee.ed.probing hose 0, PCI
probing PCI-to-ISA bridge, bus 1
bus 0, slot 5 -- pka -- QLogic ISP1020
bus 0, slot 6 -- fwa -- DEC PCI FDDI
bus 0, slot 7 -- eia -- Intel 82558 Ethernet
bus 0, slot 8, function 1 -- dqa -- Cypress 82C693 IDE
bus 0, slot 8, function 2 -- dqb -- Cypress 82C693 IDE
ec.f4.eb.ea.e9.e8.e7.
Checking dva0 for the option firmware files. . .
If you have a floppy containing option firmware,
Please insert it now and hit <return> when ready.
Option firmware not copied.

latest fwupdate.exe binary on it.  Apparently a raw firmware image is
needed (?).

I attempted to manually specify the various files involved using
Update fw -path dva0:fwupdate.exe
with similar results.

The output of the list command is:

Device         Current Revision    Filename            Update Revision

fsb                3.1             fsb_fw                  3.1

fw                 5.62-1          nt_fw               Missing file

fwa0               2.46            dfxaa_fw            Missing file

Any help in getting this switched to SRM console is greatly appreciated.

Ben