Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:11:57 +0200
From:      clutton <clutton@zoho.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcap_inject() ruins my handmade packets

On Sat, 2014-10-25 at 19:54 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 25 October 2014 18:05, clutton <clutton@zoho.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 17:32 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >> Which version of FreeBSD are you using?
> >>
> >> I only recently fixed raw frame injection in monitor mode in
> >> FreeBSD-11. How are you trying to do raw frame injection?
> >>

> >> -adrian
> >>

> > Any ideas? Why this doesn't work for me using pcap and works using
> > sockets?
> > https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/mac80211-injection.=
txt

> > As I understand monitor mode can be used for injections now, is it
> > right?
> >
> > As I remember some discussion here (a long time ago) said that the
> > monitor mode is for monitoring :) and people should use other modes for
> > injections. But since new pcap API was introduced, we can see that the
> > monitor mode is not only for monitoring.
>=20
> It should be working. I haven't coded anything up recently to use
> monitor mode and inject, but I do know it now works.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> -adrian

I finally made the =C2=ABreaver=C2=BB work, I even got banned by my AP. The
problem is the pcap library, not the source of the program.

Before sending any patches I think I need familiarize myself with
libpcap more. Because it's pretty scary to patch program which has
comments like this:

* Back in 2002, Donald Lee at Cray wanted a DLT_ for
* IP-over-FC:
[skip]
* 11 years later, Christian Svensson wanted to map
* various ARPHRD_ values to DLT_FC_2 and
* DLT_FC_2_WITH_FRAME_DELIMS for raw Fibre Channel
* frames:

One more question: no radiotap headers currently can be injected. Right?
The underlie levels just ignore DLT_IEEE802_11_RADIO dlt.