Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 1998 19:49:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Conclusion: disktab software is RS.

Robert,
first of all: Do you really want a dedicated FreeBSD-disk or
do you want one or more partitions on this disk and then
disklabel this partitions ?

In the latter case, build your partitions on the disk with fdisk.
Then disklabel the partitions "disklabel -r -w sd1s<n> ... "
where <n> is the partition-number you want to disklabel.
Consider :se#512:nt#64:ns#32: as geometry-setting for partitioning
and disklabel'ing. Maybe you don't get all the sectors on the disk
with this geometry, but who cares. You'll miss < 1 MB !!!

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>