Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:00:36 +0100
From:      Felix Urbanski <felix@episteme.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM Wireless NIC Support

Hi all,

i recently decided to put FreeBSD [5.0-RELEASE] onto my IBM Thinkpad R31, i
already have a wireless NIC [D-Link DWL-650+ 22Mbps AirPlus] but
unfortunately it uses the TI chip-set and is thus far unsupported buy wi(4)
or wl(4) wireless drivers.

Now ideally I would like to buy an official IBM PCMCIA wireless NIC [the
31P9101 11a/b/g Wireless CardBus Adapter to be specific]

see:
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/uk/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_31P9101?OpenDocument

anyway!

I can't find any white papers or anything techie about this card in order
to determine its chip-set and thus support [or lack of] by FreeBSD.

Does it use the same chip-set as the already supported "IBM High Rate
Wireless LAN PC Card"? [which is runing on the Mini-PCI bus]

Has anyone else tried either of these cards?  If so what where the results?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as everything else on this machine
works so well apart from this - it would be great to get wireless
networking up and running too!

Regards

Felix