Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:14:56 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pab@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   clean flag not set problem.

I'm running an old freebsd 2.2.8 machine as a web hosting box.

recently, I've had problems with the clean flag not being set in the super
block.

On running fsck, it asks if i want to fix the problem on /, and then tells
me to reboot now.

but on doing so, the problemis not solved.

all of the different mount points list the same problem, and one file system
(mounted on a separate drive) is listing a lot of problems, incorrect block
size reporting etc...

What can I do to solve this problem?

Are there other diagnostic programs that I can run that can give me a better
idea of what is happening to my drives?

Thanks for your help!

Peter Brezny
purplecat.net