Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 12:42:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HPDA/DAC960PL errors

>It would certainly account for why a -345 card won't
memory map and can't
>get a flash chip upgrade and -347s and above can,
even though the -345
>sports two flash sockets.

My two-penneth. I've a DAC960PL D040-345 that originally had firmware
v2.35. I got the v2.73 PL firmware off the web and successfully flashed
the card. It still reports the "no mailbox" problem, with 4.0-S as of a
couple of days ago. This backs up your 960PL observation, but shows that
-345 can be flashed.
  I'm still confused as to the FBSD RAID solution of choice, as the Mylex
isn't working either. I take it if I got a brand new DAC960, it'd work
fine?
Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)