Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 01:04:51 -0400
From:      Cid <cid@nac.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Machine not responding

Hi...I have a dilema with FreeBSD-3.1...my problem is I'll try to
remotely access the machine via telnet, ftp...or what not...and it'll
connect but wont give me a login prompt...now I can ping it and it
returns a good 112ms(I'm accessing it from home) and I cant login into
it.  I can reset the machine and it'll work fine afterwards...This is
the second time it has happened...Maybe you could tell me how I would go
about fixing this or what is wrong...

Thanks

Matthew Black