Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 14:27:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        kaleb@x.org (Kaleb S. KEITHLEY)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: Mosaic with Lesstif

> > > Didn't someone post abut a free motif implentation a while back?
> >)
> > ftp.heart.barnard.za
> >

> Got an IP address? InterNIC doesn't know about it. The bigger name
> servers in South Africa don't know about it either -- barnard.za
> isn't even a legitimate domain name.
>
> Off hand I'd say that someone's pulling your leg. ftp.heart.barnard.za

:-) :-) I suspect I was pulling your leg if you honestly spent thoughts
on that domainname (jokingly) invented or sent a request to InterNIC
(Prof. Barnard, Grooteschuur Ziekenhuis, Kapstadt, ZA if memory serves -
worlds 1st heart transplator (not implantor to be precise but I could not
resist when reading impl{a,e}ntation :-)

That was one for April, 1st, though.

> isn't typical of the domain names used in South Africa, at least not
> for academic institutions. If it were an academic institution, it might
> be ftp.heart.barnard.ac.za, but that's not legitimate either.
>
> --
>
> Kaleb

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Wed Mar 22
04:54:59  1995     root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386