Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:56:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        jacks@sage-american.com
Cc:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Finding out what named is doing

From the 'named' man page:

   SIGILL    Dumps statistics data into named.stats if the server is com-
             piled with -DSTATS.  Statistics data is appended to the file.

So just send your named process a SIGILL (kill -4 `cat
/var/run/named.pid`) and stats will be appended to the stats file.

--
Matthew Emmerton      || matt@gsicomp.on.ca
GSI Computer Services || http://www.gsicomp.on.ca