Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:46:26 +0800
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@kuzbass.ru>
To:        Johan van Selst <johans@stack.nl>
Cc:        Greg Black <freebsd-nospam@yaxom.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Jerahmy Pocott <quakenet1@optusnet.com.au>
Subject:   Re: DVD-RW doesn't write

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:40:44AM +0200, Johan van Selst wrote:

> I have had lots of problems with burncd as well: it works fine with some
> CD burners, not with others; and hardly ever with the (cheap) DVD drives
> that I use. However using atapicam and growisofs as outlined in
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/creating-dvds.html
> works just fine with all my hardware.

burncd burns CDs fine in RELENG_4. It was and is stll broken
in all of RELENG_5 code, ATA maintainer refused to fix it there.
It is fixed in RELENG_6, ELENG_7 and HEAD and burns CDs fine again.

And yes, do not even think about burning DVDs with burncd,
just use atapicam and growisofs.

Eugene Grosbein