Date:      	Fri, 6 Sep 1996 18:12:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@alive.ampr.ab.ca>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interest in syscons cut&paste patches for 2.1.5?

[Suggestions from anyone about if followups should really keep going to
both the -stable and -hackers list would be most welcome]

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Mikael Karpberg wrote:

> According to Marc Slemko:
> > I have updated my patches to 2.1.5 so they are up to date to Soren's
> > latest commit, and have packaged them up and made them available for ftp
> > at ftp://ftp.worldgate.com/pub/marcs/2_1_5.syscons-mouse.960905.tar.gz.
> > Directions are included in the tar file.
>
> Hmm... I did as told in the README file and I encountered a problem.
> Doesn't seem big, but... There is only ONE place where FONT_NONE can be found
> after applying the patch. (Did a grep and couldn't find more then that, at
> least. ..../*.c ..../*.h) That place is set_mode in syscons.c, and should be
> a define somehwere, I guess. Anyway, since it's not defined, my compile, not
> surprisingly, chokes and dies. :-(
>
> Ideas how to proceede?
> Maybe...
> #define FONT_NONE 0
> ... in syscons.h?

More like '#define FONT_NONE 1' in syscons.h.  The patch for syscons.h
_does_ include that define.  Check for a syscons.h.rej file in the
i386/isa directory to see if any parts of the patch failed.  If you can't
figure it out, send me a copy of your syscons.h.