Date:      Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:42:42 +0100
From:      John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handbook status

Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org> wrote:

>Folks,
>
>Information about the current state of the Handbook prior to the
>printing the Handbook has been added as a project to:
>
>    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/current.html#handbook
>
>and the task list can be seen at=20
>
>    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/handbook.html
>
>Please note that the "Responsible" column is more a guideline than a
>hard and fast rule -- should any like to work on any of these, please
>contact the "Responsible" person for more details.

I'd really like to help, particularly with the currently unassigned
"Review the rest of the book for grammatical errors".  However:
I'm still very much a newbie and I think that by the time I learn
how to use CVS to get the .sgml files and then how to pr the diffs,
the deadline would have passed.

Does it help if I draw attention to errors by chapter? Eg:

Paragraph above 7.3.2
   Where device is the device that you boot from, such as ad0
   for the first IDE disk, ad4 for the first IDE disk on a second IDE
                             2
and

Example 7-2. boot2 screenshot

    >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
    Default: 0:wd(0,a)/kernel
               a (for consistency)

Also, in paragraph 6 of Chapter 7.2 "in to" is used instead of "into"
which seems unusual.  Is this a preferred internationalism?

Please help me to help.
John.