Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2016 21:24:10 +0100
From:      Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing multi-version ports with portmaster

Hello,

how can I use portmaster to install multiple versions of a port, such as
databases/py-psycopg2?

My default Python version is set to 3.5, but I need psycopg2 for both
versions. When I have py35-psycopg2 installed and do

     portmaster -m PYTHON_VERSION=python2.7 databases/py-psycopg2

, it replaces the 3.5 version with the 2.7 one, and vice versa. Running
"make PYTHON_VERSION=python2.7 install" in the port directory works, but
isn't there a way to make portmaster keep the other port?

Thanks,

--
Christian