Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:24:24 +1100
From:      JacobRhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD controlled radio.. ?

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:01, T.M. Sommers wrote:
> Eric Anderson wrote:
> > Anyone know of a PCI/ISA card that you can slap in a FreeBSD box, and
> > change the station (frequecy) from within FreeBSD?  It would be aweso=
me
> > if it also received the NOAA weather stuff too..
>
> WiNRADiO makes several models of internal and external
> computer-controlled radios.  Their protocols are published, and Linux
> software exists.  Prices range from about $500 to about $3000.

I do not own a winradio but have seen programmers use them, they are quit=
e=20
good... The models I have seen even come with source code demonstrating h=
ow=20
to tune, scan, recieve (and transmit if your rich enough) and I have seen=
=20
software which displays weather maps. However I do not know if the demo c=
ode=20
also works in FreeBSD (i have only seen programmers use it in MS).

Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386