Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 15:09:30 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Carlos Eduardo Selonke de Souza <cess@matrix.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: style guide - indentation

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 02:07:42PM -0300, Carlos Eduardo Selonke de Souza wrote:
> We are starting a team to translate FreeBSD documentation to Brasilian
> Portuguese.

Great news.  Do you have a mailing list and/or website we can link to
to help publicise this?

> It says that I can set my XEmacs to automatically  use indentation styles.
>
> Well, I do not know how to set up my XEmacs, to automatically set indentat
> ion style.

There are a couple of ways.

One is to suggest this in the document itself.  This is why the FDP docs
have something like:

<!--
     Local Variables:
     mode: sgml
     sgml-indent-data: t
-->

Alternatively, put the following in your .emacs file:

(add-hock 'sgml-mode-hook
          (function
           (lambda()
            (setq sgml-indent-data t))))