Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:22:50 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL build failure identified...

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 12:47:27PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> [ ... ]
> >src/Makefile sets PATH=3D/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin before passing
> >buildworld further to src/Makefile.inc1, so I don't see how that
> >could be a problem.
>=20
> Hmm.  OK.  :-)
>=20
You've dropped me from To:/Cc: while I didn't ask for, hence the
reply is delayed.

> >Similarly for zsh(1): make(1) uses sh(1) internally, and to make it
> >use another shell, one needs to recompile make(1) with a different
> >DEFSHELL.  In any case, this feature isn't even in RELENG_4.
>=20
> To be more specific as to what I did; I enabled and "su - toor" in order=
=20
> to pick up a clean /bin/sh environment.  The build failure was=20
> completely reproducable after deleting /usr/src, /usr/obj, and=20
> /etc/make.conf...then re-cvsup'ing.  More than once.
>=20
Trust me: make(1) always uses /bin/sh, regardless of what your current
shell is.

> After doing a "pkg_delete openssl-mumble", I was able to move my=20
> /etc/make.conf back in place and complete buildworld under zsh again.=20
> Assuming I'm able to reproduce this problem again-- I'm going to have to=
=20
> revert my /usr/ports, probably-- what information would be of value?
>=20
If you can reproduce it, just tell me what to do to reproduce it.
Also show me some more meaningful context of the failure from
buildworld.  You may also want to run buildworld with "make -dl".

The symbols shown do exist in libcrypto library here, so you may
also want to check under /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/lib/libcrypto.*
if they exist here too.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,