Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 04:36:39 +0300
From:      "Marwan Sultan" <Admin@kifco.net>
To:        algould@datawok.com
Cc:        FreeBSD questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ircd

Hello Andrew,

  One of the most common and best ircd I ever used is bahamut.
  There is a complete Tutorial for everything.

  Basiclly this ircd has been created to serve DALnet IRC network
  but no harm and its perfect if you run it as a standalone network.

  Please check: http://bahamut.dal.net/

  About controling number of users, connections, ports, etc
  usually its made from the ircd configuration it self.
  and small configuration to the box it self "if needed".

  Also you could search in google for "irc service" to download and connect.

  Maybe you would check http://board.ircd.cc/ for links and recruitment

  Marwan Sultan.
  Former DALnet Admin.

                            -------