Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:23:56 -0400
From:      Paul Stewart <pauls@nexicom.net>
To:        <smuller@netcommplete.com.au>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Web Caching Engine

I guess this is dependant on whether or not you wish to administer an array
of servers or spend a LOT of money on a "plug and play" solution.  This is
just my opinion..

Our Squid boxes this morning were hitting as high as 73% hit rate.  This is
unusually high I must admit but compared to our Cacheflow boxes, we never
seen near that high of a rate.  The pre-fetching in the Cacheflow boxes we
found were killing bandwidth when not needed....

To qualify this information, the Cacheflow were older models.  The newer
ones may be much better, don't know..:)

Paul