Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2013 06:49:31 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgng+portmaster: portmaster erased the field packages.time

--3oA37C5vVru5DB34W788Ld4jphVhMPFpG

On 8/21/2013 12:44 AM, Yuri wrote:
> After I converted to pkgng, field packages.time contained the time of
> conversion.
>=20
> When I ran portmaster to rebuild few ports, all those timestamps
> disappeared, and portmaster only left the timestamps on the ports it
> reinstalled.
> I suspect this is a bug, since this behavior doesn't appear reasonable.=

> Why would portmaster erase the time field? How can it conclude it is wr=
ong?
>=20
> Yuri

By "Packages.time" I assume you mean the timestamp the package was
installed? There is no "conversion" timestamp stored by pkgng.

How are you seeing this timestamp? With 'pkg query "%o %t"'?

Portmaster itself is not modifying this data at all (it can't), only
pkgng updates this timestamp.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery